Parent(s)/Guardian(s)/Families Information Day 2019
Event Date:08 September 2019 - 08 September 2019
Venue: North Campus
Organised by: IT Tralee
As a parent/guardian you play an important role in helping your son/daughter settle into their first year in college. For some, it will be the first time they have experienced third level, for others it will be the first of their children living away from home and for more it will be a combination of both. As with each of us, every student is different and every student settles into college life differently. Each of them face their own challenges and each family have their own set of concerns.
To help you with supporting your son/daughter/family member we would like to extend an invitation to our annual family Information Session which is taking place on Sunday, 8th September 2019 at 2pm in the institutes North Campus.
The session aims to give advice on how to help and support the new student adjustment to third level, become an independent learner and ultimately graduate.
Benefits of attending the Information Session include:
- Hear about the resources available to support student needs to deal with academic or personal issues;
- Understanding the academic year, semesters, examination periods, etc.
- Identify early the individual student supports offered to address concerns you may have;
- Financial support, paying fees, payment options;
- Linking the programme and subjects with a career;
- Where to go or who to contact for advice when issues arise (eg, your student wants to change course, is struggling with part of their course, financial concerns, health problems, accommodation issues, unhappy in college);
- Send an important message that you’re supportive in his/her education and want to be involved.
To register attendance for family Induction Event
Text 087 7933666 - ‘FAMILY’ followed by the Student T – Number (Student T - Number is printed on the letter of offer - EG T00123456)
We look forward to meeting you on the day.
For queries please contact Student Services on:
T: 066 719 1722 or 066 714 5665