The BA in Outdoor Learning is specifically designed to meet the needs of those who are actively employed in the delivery of programmes using the outdoors. This includes outdoor education (OE), environmental education, learning outside the classroom, outdoor based youth work and much more. This programme will enable graduates to consolidate their professional practice with a nationally and internationally recognised degree. The degree will merge aspects of education theory and cutting edge outdoor learning practice.
For updates checkout our facebook page @ https://www.facebook.com/baoutdoorlearning/
For details of this course download our online brochure at the following link: BA in Outdoor Learning Brochure
Applicants for the BA in Outdoor Learning must meet the following minimum entry requirements:
60 credits at Level 6 in any one of the following areas: (See Below)
Have completed a recognition of prior learning (RPL) process with the college RPL co-ordinator to the value of 60 credits by holding the APIOL award from the Institute for Outdoor Learning in the UK. (See Below)
9th June 2017
2 Years part-time from September 2017 until August 2019.
Bachelor of Arts (Hons) Teaching in Further and Adult Education at Waterford Institute of Technology.
€2,500 per academic year.
- 60 credits at Level 6 in any one of the following areas: Outdoor Education, Adult Education, Community Education, Health and Leisure, Youth and Community Studies, Social Care, Sport and Recreation;
Have completed a recognition of prior learning (RPL) process with the college RPL co-ordinator to the value of 60 credits as identified in the European Qualifications Framework for Outdoor Animators (EQFOA/CLO2);
- Provide evidence of cumulated experience of working in the sector for the equivalent of no less than 24 months on a full time basis;
- Applicants must complete a Garda vetting process through IT, Tralee;
- Be employed or engaged on a fulltime basis in an appropriate organisation to facilitate the work based requirements of the programme (subject to approval for suitability by the course co-ordinators);
- Sufficient conversational and written English language skills - an IELTS requirement of 6.5.
Recognition of prior learning (Rpl) for entry onto the Bachelor of Arts in Outdoor learning
To assist in this process, IT Tralee has developed a template to guide the applicant through the process, Download a RPL sample form .
Download Application Form: RPL Appliction Form
Lucy Fitzell, Admissions Officer
tel: +353 (0)66 7145638
Lifelong Learning Department
Phone: 066 7191701