Application Details For 2020 Entry To This Course:
Closing date: Monday 3rd February 2020
This BSc in Agricultural Mechanisation Application Form
fully completed, must be returned to the:
Lifelong Learning Department,
Institute of Technology Tralee,
North Campus, Tralee, Co. Kerry.
Tel: 066 7191701: Fax: 066 7191724
The aim of the Bachelor of Science in Agricultural Mechanisation is to produce a technician with a fundamental knowledge of the essential engineering skills associated with agricultural machinery. This knowledge, combined with extensive work based practical learning, will equip the learner with the skills demanded of a technician by the farm machinery industry.
The graduate will have knowledge and understanding of:
- The function, operating principles, service procedures and fault diagnosis of tractors and farm machinery, electrical and electronic systems as applied to agricultural machinery;
- Precision farming systems, workshop techniques including health and safety;
- The creation and maintenance of digital records;
- Pre-delivery inspection for agricultural machinery;
- Effective engagement with customers.
€3,000 per annum (please note the fee quoted is for Academic Year 2019/2020). This is a full time course and applicants may be eligible for a student grant. Visit www.susi.ie
Entry Requirements—Level 7 NFQ
Applicants wishing to enrol on this course will need to secure work placement from a suitable employer. Applicants must achieve a pass in the Leaving Certificate or equivalent examinations, obtaining a minimum grade O6/H7 in English or Gaeilge, O6/H7 in Mathematics and O6/H7 in three other subjects.