The Institute of Technology Tralee has embraced interprofessional education and practice and since the launch of CAIPE IRL in 2007, we have provided annual conferences and/or workshops for professionals in academia and practice. The first PhD on interprofessional collaboration in residential services was awarded in 2011. We aim to provide a Masters in Interprofessional Practice in September 2012.
The CAIPE definition for Interprofessional Education is:
â€œInterprofessional Education occurs when two or more professions learn with, from and about each other to improve collaboration and the quality of careâ€
- An independent â€˜think tankâ€™ comprising of individual and corporate members working with organisations in the UK/IRL and overseas to improve collaborative practice and thereby the quality of care by professions learning and working together;
- A national and international authoritative voice on interprofessional education in both universities and the workplace;
- A membership organisation established in 1987, it is a registered charity and company limited by guarantee
CAIPE aims to promote and develop interprofessional education (IPE) with and through its individual and corporate members, in collaboration with like-minded organisations in the UK and overseas, for the benefit of patients and clients. Consequently, CAIPEâ€™s philosophy is to collaborate and work in harmony with other interprofessional organisations such as the following:
- The Network: Towards Unity for Health
- European Interprofessional Education Network in Health and Social Care (EIPEN).
- The Nordic Interprofessional Network (Nipnet)
- The International Association for Interprofessional Education and Collaborative Practice (InterEd) â€“ through a joint agreement between the two organisations
- Canadian Interprofessional Health Collaborative (CIHC).
- The Higher Education Academy UK
- CAIPE had representatives on the WHO expert study group on interprofessional education and work.
The Journal for Interprofessional Education is the official journal of CAIPE details can be found on http://www.caipe.org.uk/index.
CAIPE UK & IRL WELCOMES INDIVIDUAL AND CORPORATE MEMBERSHIP
To apply please follow this link: http://www.caipe.org.uk/
For further information on CAIPE Ireland contact:
Dr Siobhán Ni Mhaolrúnaigh: TEL: 0667191971