New Frontiers is Ireland's national entrepreneur development programme that is delivered at a local level by the Institutes of Technology. Applicants who have an innovative business idea and are planning to establish and run their own company are now invited to apply for Phase 2 of the programme which can provide successful applicants with a package of supports to help accelerate their business development and to equip the entrepreneurs with the skills and contacts that are needed to successfully start and grow a company.
The New Frontiers Programme provides training in all areas of business including financial management, market research & validation, business process, patenting, product development and sales training. The programme also provides mentoring from experienced business advisers and practitioners in addition to financial support, office and other business incubation facilities.
The programme is open to applications from a diversity of sectors including; food & consumer products, information & communication technology, engineering & electronics, medical devices, biotechnology, pharma, digital media, clean tech/renewable energy and eligible internationally traded services.
Ideally applicants have the following characteristics:
- intend establishing a manufacturing or internationally traded services business or a new domestically traded service business with the potential to trade internationally.
- ambitious and have the capability and commitment needed to develop a sustainable business
- growth orientated - planning to achieve turnover greater than €500,000 and create more than five jobs in three to five years time
- develop a business that is built upon on a strong foundation of innovation and/or technology.
- show evidence of a commercial market for your proposed product or service.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 12 noon Friday 11th May 2012 and interviews for Phase 2 will take place on Monday May 21st and Tuesday May 22nd.
Please return completed applications to Ms. Aine Brosnan, Development Office, Institute of Technology, Tralee, North Campus, Tralee, Co. Kerry.
New Frontiers Phase 2 Application Form