A Service of Blessing of Equipment donated to the Third World, and organised by the Charities Committee, formed from the Staff and Student Body of Tralee R.T.C. will take place in the College on Thursday 19th October, 1995 at 8.00 p.m. in Room A128.
The items, which include equipment and clothing will be transported in a 20ft. container through the port of Southampton to its destination in Tanzania, early November '95.
The general list of items containerized are as follows:
(1) A completed renovated 1974 Series 3 S.W.B. Landrover, modified for African Terrain and a comprehensive kit of spare parts, for Mpwapwa Medical Centre. This project was completed by Padraig Flynn, and Donal Moriarty as their Major Project for the Diploma in Agricultural Engineering.
(2) A Mobile Bulk-Milk Tank, complete with Cooler for Hombolo Farm, near Dodoma.
(3) A Bell fully refurbished for the Cathedral in Mpwapwa as a gift from the Parishioners of Camp Parish, and the Rector and Parishioners of St. Michael's Church, Castlecaulfield, Co. Tyrone.
(4) Pots, Pans, and assortment of hand tools for Bashinet Catholic Mission, Central Tanzania, from the Management of Tralee R.T.C.
(5) Clothes, Blankets and Toys from the students of Tralee R.T.C. and the people of Kerry and West Cork for Mpwapwa Medical Centre, and Bashinet Catholic Mission.
(6) Electric Welder and accessories for Hombolo Farm from the Staff of the Agricultural Engineering Department, Tralee R.T.C.
(7) Ford Tractor Gearbox and Spares for Ipsolato Bible College, Dodoma, from the Students of the Agricultural Engineering Department, Tralee R.T.C.
The Members of the Charities Committee would like to take this opportunity of thanking most sincerely all those who have given of their time, money, and the various items donated towards this work for the Third World. Yours sincerely, K.P.Woods, Chairman, D. Frizelle, Secretary,