What is the Sanctuary Scholarship?
IT Tralee is offering 1 Sanctuary Scholarship to asylum seeker and/or refugee students pursuing a full time undergraduate programme of study in IT Tralee in the academic year 2019/2020.
The successful applicant will be eligible for a Tuition Fee & Student Contribution Charge waiver for the duration of their course or until such a time as they become eligible for the Free Fees initiative and/or SUSI grant scheme.
Eligibility criteria and the selection process:
- Before making an application for a Scholarship please ensure that you meet our eligibility criteria as follows, and be able to prove that:
- You are an asylum seeker and/or refugee
- You applied through the CAO and are currently enrolled on a full-time undergraduate course in IT Tralee as a Leaving Certificate, QQI or Mature Student applicant.
- You must be a first time first year or advanced entry year 2 student in the current academic year.
- You are not currently eligible for ‘free fees’ for a full-time undergraduate course or for a SUSI fee grant
- You are not currently eligible for mainstream support funding e.g. SUSI maintenance grant or Department of Social Protection and Family Affairs (DEASP) payments (other than a direct provision payment)
- You must be living within commuting distance to IT Tralee during the course of your studies.
Please note the scheme does not include accommodation support or a bursary.
Applicants must meet these strict eligibility criteria and be in a position to verify their circumstances in order to apply. Applicants who do not meet the criteria will not be considered for the Scholarship.
How do I Apply?
You must complete all sections of the online Sanctuary Scholarship Application Form by 17:00 13th December 2019.
Incomplete applications and/or applications without the required supporting documentation will not be considered.
If you have any questions about whether or not you should apply for a bursary, please contact: email@example.com