HIGHER EDUCATION SCHOLARSHIPS FOR ADULT LEARNERS
Deadline for Applications: 29th April 2019
Uversity is now accepting applications for its HIGHER EDUCATION SCHOLARSHIPS FOR ADULT LEARNERS that are intended to remove financial barriers so that adult learners can unlock their potential and realise their ambitions.
Uversity’s scholarships will provide multi-annual financial support for recipients to pursue a Bachelor’s Degree for the first time in participating third level institutions in the Republic of Ireland or Northern Ireland. Scholarships can be any subject area and will be tailored to recipients’ financial circumstances to cover some or all of the direct and indirect costs associated with higher education.
Successful candidates must:
- be 23 years and older by 1st January 2019
- be a citizen of an EEA member state or Switzerland AND resident in Ireland or Northern Ireland for 3 years or more by 1st January 2019
- be returning to higher education in 2019/20 after a break from education of 3 years or more or have recently completed a higher education progression / preparation course
- be admitted to a Bachelor’s Programme or have a deferred offer for the 2019/20 academic year. Preference will be given to candidates intending to study full-time
- be able to demonstrate:
- academic potential
- a clear motivation and ambition for returning to education
- a drive to succeed and a strong work ethic
- an ability to be transformed and transform others as a result of this scholarship and educational experience
- financial need
- non-EEA citizens resident in Ireland / Northern Ireland must have permanent leave to remain at time of application.
- applicants who currently possess or are enrolled on a Degree programme ARE NOT ELIGIBLE.
- applicants DO NOT need to have an offer at time of application but if selected for a scholarship they must receive an offer on a Bachelor’s programme in one of the participating institutions to receive their scholarship.
- For Republic of Ireland applicants, Uversity’s scholarships are currently considered reckonable income for means-tested social welfare benefits and SUSI grants. Offers will be subject to Uversity receiving an income disregard so that these benefits / grants are not adversely affected.
Eligible candidates must submit an application via Uversity’s online system by 29th April 2019 with the following information:
- biographical / contact details
- details of your education to date
- details of any employment / volunteering (if applicable) to date
- a motivation statement of maximum 500 words
- details of two referees
All applications will be reviewed by Uversity for eligibility and may be shortlisted for interview. Successful candidates will be notified by 1st September 2019.
Requests for further information/clarification should be sent to email@example.com