HIGHER EDUCATION SCHOLARSHIPS FOR ADULT LEARNERS
Deadline for Applications: 20th April 2020
Uversity Scholarship Brochure
Uversity is now accepting applications for its HIGHER EDUCATION SCHOLARSHIPS FOR ADULT LEARNERS that are intended to remove financial barriers so that adult learners can unlock their potential and realise their ambitions.
Uversity’s scholarships will provide multi-annual financial support for recipients to pursue a Bachelor’s Degree for the first time in participating third level institutions in the Republic of Ireland or Northern Ireland. Scholarships can be any subject area and will be tailored to recipients’ financial circumstances to cover some or all of the direct and indirect costs associated with higher education.
Successful candidates must:
- be 23 years and older by 1st January 2020
- be a citizen of an EEA member state or Switzerland AND resident in Ireland or Northern Ireland for 3 years or more by 1st March 2020
- be returning to higher education in 2020/21 after a break from education of 3 years or more or have recently completed a higher education progression / preparation course
- be admitted to a Bachelor’s Programme or have a deferred offer for the 2020/21 academic year. Preference will be given to candidates intending to study full-time
- be able to demonstrate:
- academic potential
- a clear motivation and ambition for returning to education
- a drive to succeed and a strong work ethic
- an ability to be transformed and transform others as a result of this scholarship and educational experience
- financial need
- non-EEA citizens resident in Ireland / Northern Ireland must have received permanent by 1st March 2020.
- applicants who currently possess or are enrolled on a Degree programme ARE NOT ELIGIBLE.
- applicants DO NOT need to have an offer at time of application but if selected for a scholarship they must receive an offer on a Bachelor’s programme in one of the participating institutions to receive their scholarship.
- For Republic of Ireland applicants, Uversity scholarships to a maximum value of €7,000 are note considered reckonable income for means-tested social welfare benefits and SUSI maintenance grants.
Eligible candidates must submit an application via Uversity’s online system with the following information:
- biographical / contact details
- details of your education to date
- details of any employment / volunteering (if applicable) to date
- a motivation statement of maximum 500 words
- details of two referees
All applications will be reviewed by Uversity for eligibility and may be shortlisted for interview. Successful candidates will be notified by 1st July 2020.
Requests for further information/clarification should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org