What is the Sanctuary Scholarship?
Munster Technological University - Kerry Campus is offering one Sanctuary Scholarship to a person from an asylum-seeking or refugee background who does not otherwise qualify for financial support under the Free Fees Initiative, the SUSI grant scheme or the Grant Scheme for Asylum Seekers, and who wishes to pursue an undergraduate degree course in MTU - Kerry Campus in the academic year 2021-2022.
We are also open to applications from migrants who have exceptional Stamp 4s or Stamp 3s and who do not qualify for financial support under any of the above mentioned schemes.
The successful applicant will be eligible for a Tuition Fee and Student Contribution Charge waiver for the duration of their course or until such time as they become eligible for the previously mentioned schemes.
In addition to the criteria above, applicants:
(1) Must meet the academic eligibility criteria for their chosen MTU - Kerry Campus degree course through the CAO or Direct Application route for a full-time programme;
(2) Be living in the Republic of Ireland and
(3) Be able to live within commuting distance of campus during the course of their studies.
More details on academic eligibility may be found below.
General advice for applicants.
- The Sanctuary Scholarship award requires both a traditional academic application to MTU - Kerry Campus through the CAO or via Direct Applications to full-time programmes, and a separate scholarship application.
- Applications for scholarships will be open to those applying for full time undergraduate degree courses from levels 6 to 8 through the following routes: Leaving Certificate, QQI FET/FETAC and/or Mature Student entry. Entry requirements for each course can be found in the MTU - Kerry Campus full-time undergraduate prospectus.
- CAO applicants can use the CAO change of mind facility. Applicants should use the CAO Change of Mind facility wisely, to maximise their chances of gaining entry. We would encourage you to apply for as many of our courses as possible, depending on your genuine study interests and eligibility.
Please note the scheme does not provide support with the costs of accommodation.
Applicants who do not meet the criteria will not be considered for the Scholarship.
How do I Apply?
You must complete all sections of the online Sanctuary Scholarship Application Form by 17:00 2nd June 2021.
Incomplete applications and/or applications without the required supporting documentation will not be considered.
If you have any questions about whether or not you should apply for a bursary, please contact: email@example.com