www.linkedin.com is a professional networking site through which employers are actively recruiting. There are tutorials ant tools to assist you in creating your profile, joining groups, searching for industry links, researching organisations, preparing for interview and building up links in your sector. On-line tutorials are available at LinkedIn Digital Resource
Connect to the Alumni - Establishing LinkedIn Alumni Connections
CVs - top tips
Steps in creating a CV
1. Conduct a Self-Assessment
2. Complete a Skills Sheet
3. Read the section on How employers shortlist CVs
4. Your CV should be your own, personal, and a little bit different.
5. Customise your CV for the job you are applying for - make sure you have a full job description.
6. Use formal Language
7. Generally employers seek
8. Throughout you CV and letter of application use Positive Action Words
Upload your CV : https://www.adzuna.co.uk/jobs/value-my-cv/upload
To demonstrate your work (particularly designers, web-developers etc) you should consider creating an e-portfolio. It will also be essential to build a community around you and promote your portfolio to relevant individuals and groups. For more details please visit the section on e-portfolios