PRESIDENT'S 'CIVIC SPIRIT AWARD'
This award has been established to recognise and acknowledge the significant time input by ITT students to volunteering in the Institute and in the wider community.
“60% of ITT students volunteer, committing an average of 3 hours a week” (ITT Volunteering & Civic Engagement Survey, 2010).
Engaging with one’s community as a volunteer brings a reciprocal benefit to both student and community, this award seeks to encourage student community engagement, active citizenship and build on the established work that is being carried out.
All students who submit their work will be awarded an ITT President’s Civic Spirit citation. A gold, silver and bronze award will be bestowed on 3 candidates displaying outstanding volunteering experience and impact as adjudged by the award selection panel.
In order to receive an award, one must:
- Demonstrate commitment to a voluntary organisation/project. This may be on campus, within campus environs or in your home town
- Integrate completely with the voluntary organisation for a minimum of 50 hours.
How to apply for an ITT Civic Spirit Award
- Download the application form and submit by April 1st, to Fr. Kevin Sullivan firstname.lastname@example.org
- Present a completed activity log book with organisation/agency supervisory verification to Civic Spirit Award, Academic Affairs Office, North Campus, ITT.
- Submit a Reflective Logbook to email@example.com
- All material must be received by May 31st.
- Successful recipients will be presented with their award at a special Awards Ceremony.