Department of Computing

Springboard + Logo

Higher Diploma in Computing with Data Analytics

NFQ Level:  8
Credits: 60
Award Type: Major Award
Application: Apply Now
Closing Date: Further updates for 2019/2020 to follow
Modules: View Modules

Course Description

This programme is aimed at students who wish to diversify into a career in data analytics and related disciplines. You will be introduced to, and develop skills in, the theories and technologies that are fuelling the data-driven approach to business. The programme enables students to solve practical real world business orientated data problems, using a variety of analytical methods and software tools. Students are encouraged to develop skills for analysing data sets and to be autonomous learners who have a creative and critical approach to data analytics.

This online conversion course is for graduates of level 8 programmes in disciplines other than computing. On-line learning is a key feature of the programme, and we provide online videos and discussion boards, augmented by individual feedback from lecturers. Modules are assessed using a variety of tools including online assessment and project work to examine data analytics skills.

The programme is delivered through blended learning and can be taken from anywhere in the country. A number of optional on campus workshops will take place each term where students will receive lectures from experienced lecturers and data analysts and participate in specially-designed workshops.

Entry Requirements

Applications will be considered from prospective students who have an honours degree (NFQ level 8) with a significant numerate element. Applicants will be called for interview/aptitude testing as part of the application process. The Institute’s policy in relation to non-standard applicants also applies.

Duration

2 years part-time from September 2018 to May 2020.

Cost

For employed applicants, the HEA will pay 90% of the programme fee, the remaining 10% will be collected before registration. Fee paying applicants €7,500.

Progression Opportunities

Master of Science in Computing by Research.

  • Programming for Data Analytics
  • Data Analytics & Statistics
  • Database Concepts
  • Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning
  • Cloud Analytics and Visualisation
  • Programming for Data Analytics
  • Advanced Databases
  • Case Studies in Data Analytics
  • Software Engineering
  • Work Placement/Project

Springboard+ is co-funded by the Government of Ireland and the European Social Fund as part of the ESF programme for Employability, Inclusion and Learning 2014-2020.

Lifelong Learning Department

Email: email
Phone: 066 7191701