skip to main content

Work in Ireland

Working in Ireland as an International Student

If you are an EU/EEA national you have the same entitlement to employment as that of an Irish person. If you are a non-EU/EEA student you are entitled to work up to 20 hours part-time per week and full-time during the holidays. You do not require a work permit if you are a full time student.

This entitlement to employment ceases once your student visa runs out. If you wish to continue in employment after finishing your study you will require a work permit.

Personal Public Service (PPS) Number

You will require a PPS Number for tax reasons to work in Ireland. You can apply for your PPS Number at the local Social Welfare Office in Tralee. You will need the following documentation depending on your status :

EU/EEA Students:

  • Passport
  • Proof of Address - (gas/electricity bill in your name or bank statement)

Non-EU Students:

  • Passport
  • Garda Registration Card
  • IT Tralee Student Card
  • Proof of Address - (gas/electricity bill in your name or bank statement)
  • Letter from International Office stating that you are a student in IT Tralee

Contact Our Office


International Office


International Office
MTU Kerry North Campus
Co. Kerry

Contact by:

WhatsApp: +353 873449532

Visit Munster Technological University –Cork City campus (Cork Institute Of Technology)